In pset6, the material says that you can check your code after attempting the functions lookup and parse using "check50 2015.fall.pset6.server1 server.c", which I have done and get back several errors. I would like to check these functions using gdb but I don't know how to correctly do it.
Nevermind. I figured it out by rereading the course material and an answer to a previous question. Here is how:
1) type "gdb ./server" in your terminal window.
2) type "break parse" a the (gdb) command prompt.
3) type "run ./public" at the (gdb) command prompt.
4) Open a new terminal window next to the current one.
5) type "curl -i http://localhost:8080/" at the command prompt.
6) look in the terminal window running gdb and step through the code.