Took me a while to find out the answer, but here we go:
- Go to Menu > Settings Manager > Keyboard
- Go to the Layout tab
- Unclick "Use system defaults"
- Leave all 3 options (Keyboard model, Change layout option & Compose key) in blank (-)
- Click "Add" and look for the "Spanish Spanish Macintosh" Keyboard layout
- Erase the default English one
- Close the window (you're almost there)
Note: Now you'll have your keyboard working ;) But oh! Still 2 keys are swapped :S (the < > and the º ª ), which is way better than what we had before, but take the steps below to fix it and have it all up and running ;)
- Now, go to the terminal
- write this line and hit enter:
xmodmap -e 'keycode 94=masculine ordfeminine backslash brokenbar backslash brokenbar' -e 'keycode 49=less greater'
- Voilà! All done ;) Fully functional Spanish Mac keyboard on CS50 appliance!
Hope it helped!
For the keyboard settings:
For the code for the swapped keys (Look for post Pablo Ledesma (venraiker) wrote on 2009-04-27:):