The problem set for Week 2 continues with the C programming language used in problem set 1.
The hacker edition of Problem Set 2 challenges students to handle a wider range of potential inputs with their encryption program and to write a program to crack real encrypted passwords.
- Better acquaint you with functions and libraries.
- Allow you to dabble in cryptography.
- Pages 11 – 14 and 39 of http://www.howstuffworks.com/c.htm.
- Chapters 6, 7, 10, 17, 19, 21, 22, 30, and 32 of Absolute Beginner’s Guide to C.
- Chapters 7, 8, and 10 of Programming in C.