The problem set for Week 3 asks students to write code for a classic puzzle game in the C programming language.
Problem Set 3 shows students how to gdb to debug their programs, introduces algorithms for finding and sorting values, provides unfinished code for a program that runs a puzzle game, and includes the problems find and game-of-fifteen.
The hacker edition of Problem Set 3 asks for a more advanced sorting algorithm in find and challenges students to write a program that plays the puzzle game on its own in game-of-fifteen.
- Introduce you to larger programs and programs with multiple source files.
- Accustom you to reading someone else’s code.
- Empower you with Makefiles.
- Implement a party favor.
- Page 17 of http://www.howstuffworks.com/c.htm.
- Chapters 20 and 23 of Absolute Beginner’s Guide to C.
- Chapters 13, 15, and 18 of Programming in C.