13

After too much of a digging, I've finally found a fix to restore "Settings Manager" item to the "50 Menu": Run in terminal: gedit /home/jharvard/.config/menus/xfce-applications.menu Then, find the following part: <Include> <Category>X-Xfce-Toplevel</Category> </Include> Add "Settings" category there, so it will look ...


5

Try this: sudo sed -i.orig 's/^nameserver.*$/nameserver 8.8.8.8/' /etc/resolv.conf And then try update50 again.


3

The fix will be added to xfce-applications.menu today, so hopefully subsequent update50s will not remove it again. Thanks for figuring it out!


3

Please read this, it may be the answer to your problems.


3

update50 is no longer required. If you still see instructions in the current year problem sets to run it, please let us know which one(s) and we will fix.


2

My appliance is still upgrading, so I can't help with the changed Application Menu, but you can use the following workaround: Create a empty file on your dekstop. Add the following lines: echo "CS50 Fix: Starting Settings Manager" xfce4-settings-manager echo "CS50 Fix: Settings Manager started.." Save the file as "SettingsManager.sh". Right click on it -...


2

in terminal type xfce4-settings-manager this will bring up the GUI Settings Manager.


2

There are 3 network adapters in my virtualizer settings. I disabled 1 of the two (Network Adapter 3) and now everything is fine.


2

Official answer: the CS50 team is aware of all the issues we've noted and more. Version 60 will be coming out in the next few days, and it should take care of things.


2

Update50 does not work in the current workspace because there is not enough space it is necessary to visit the page https://cs50.ly/disk to update the workspace, following the instructions, with 5 GB more


1

Best to email certificates@cs50.harvard.edu with your github username and question. Someone can then investigate.


1

Try running the following command: sudo nano /etc/init.d/udev and add the following line under ### END INIT INFO: exit 0 Then hit Ctrl + x, then y, then Enter. After that try update50 again. If it works this time, repeat the same steps above, but this time remove the line you added.


1

can you please restart your IDE? Menu: CS50 IDE > Restart and that should fix it.


1

ROOT CAUSE: changes to the environment in update50. (Specifically CFLAGS, which changes -std=c11 to -std=gnu11). This affects all the cs50.h get_ functions. It is important to close any and all terminals to ensure the environment is refreshed. Or you can restart your workspace with CS50 IDE -> Restart. Let the chaos begin! As the CS50 team at Harvard ...


1

So after some trials and tribulation, I simply closed out the tab and reloaded. Perhaps the CS50 staff caught the issue? At any rate update50 works now. If you had the same issue I did I recommend just closing the tab/browser and reopening cs50.io.


1

I'm on mobile and doing weekend fun stuff, so I haven't had a chance to test ide50 version 60 yet to see whether permission issues are resolved, and I can't do that now. In general, you should be able to fix permission issues by carefully reading the PHP error messages in the browser, and the Apache log files under /home/ubuntu/lib/apache2/log/error.log (...


1

The time it takes to finish varies according to your connection speed. If it's the first time you run update50 and say you have a 1Mbps internet connection it could take up to half an hour. (I give you the numbers I got from my experience). That is due to the fact that when the appliance was created the software included wasn't at the version it is now, so ...


1

You don't need to update the cs50 library, your problem is that your make command is using the default implicit rules to determine what to do when there is no makefile, then when the action is determined it uses the content of make's predefined variables to execute a determined command. And this default command is not linking the cs50 library. I think in ...


1

I had the same issue (installed from ISO on Hyper-V). I found that ip50 only checks for an address on eth1. Personally I only had eth0 active. I just updated the ip50 script to check eth0 instead and the IP address shows up fine now. Internet and appliance updates were working fine before and after. To update the ip50 script, open a terminal window and ...


1

If you are using Oracle VirtualBox then make sure that network adapters are like the listed below, Adapter 1: NAT Adapter 2: Host-only adapter, 'VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet adapter'. Adapter 3: Bridged adapter.


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible